Wanted: A delicious, make-ahead bread that can be served just as easily on Thanksgiving morning as it can for Thanksgiving dessert. This Easy, Moist, Pumpkin Bread With Chocolate Chips is IT!
You know the drill – for weeks you worry about the Thanksgiving meal. Turkey: check. Sides: check. Pies: check. But when you finally hit the snooze button for the last time on Thursday morning, panic sets in as you realize that you have planned absolutely nothing for breakfast.
Let’s be real – Thanksgiving dinner is definitely the star today. But still, it’s nice to have something sort of special to start this day off right, especially if you have guests in town. And, on a day like today, where you’ll be using every last gadget, oven, and resource your kitchen has to offer, it has to be easy.
Enter this easy, extra moist pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe. Easy to whip up, even the night before, and totally starts setting the mood for Thanksgiving dinner with that delicious warm pumpkiny taste. And, did I mention, this sweet bread can also double as a dessert after the big meal if you wish? Seriously – the best pumpkin bread recipe ever!!
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
This pumpkin bread is a basic quick bread recipe that requires minimal prep work and cooks in about an hour. This recipe makes 2 loaves.
- Mix your wet ingredients. Start by creaming the sugar and butter together, then add in the eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and milk and mix well.
- Mix your dry ingredients. In a large bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Combine your mixes. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir the chocolate chips into the batter, then pour the batter into your loaf pans. The dark chocolate chips add an extra decadent layer to this bread and pair great with the pumpkin.
- Bake. Bake the loaves at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
So, there you go. Make this Easy Moist Pumpkin Bread With Chocolate Chips the night before, pair it with a pot of coffee, and Thanksgiving breakfast becomes one less headache you need to worry about. Check!
More Delicious Bread Recipes
- Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Homemade Pita Bread Recipe
- Apple, Cranberry And Walnut Quick Bread
- Easy 20-Minute Yogurt Flatbread
Easy Moist Pumpkin Bread With Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease 2 9x5 loaf pans.
- Cream your sugar and butter together with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and milk to the butter/sugar mixer and continue mixing until combined.
- In a separate, large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg).
- Slowly, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for a few minutes in the pan before removing the loaves.