This Peach Caprese Salad is bursting with summer goodness. Fresh basil, ruby red cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and of course, peaches! Topped with crushed roasted pistachios and a light vinaigrette, it’s the best of summer, piled high in a bowl.
Does fall make anyone else kind of sad? Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE fall. The cooler, brisk nights, the cozy sweaters, huddling by the fire with a warm blanket. Really - fall is my jam.
But I always feel this tiny sense of melancholy when it rolls around. Like it’s the end of something. I don’t know. It just sometimes makes me feel a little blah. And since Labor Day has come and gone, and Pumpkin Spice Lattes are officially on the menu at Starbucks, it feels pretty official that fall has arrived.
But, today, I had an epiphany. In the form of a salad, actually. I picked up some remaining palisade peaches from the grocery store the other day (sadly, they too are coming to an end soon) and threw together this mess of peaches and mozzarella with some odds and ends from my garden (fresh basil, tomatoes) and, you guys, I literally can't – stop – eating.
Why I LOVE This Peach Caprese Salad
- Fresh juicy peaches. This is a great way to use up all those delicious summer peaches.
- Great texture. I love the sweet and juicy peaches and tomatoes mixed with the creamy mozzarella flavors, then topped with spicy basil and crunchy pistachios.
- Easy. This took me, like, literally 5 minutes to chop up and throw together.
- So delicious. Seriously. It’s so good – like every last bit of summer, piled high in a bowl. And it's making me feel like maybe we can just squeeze a liiiiiiitle bit more warmth and sunshine and goodness out of this year before we start plummeting into the cold depths of winter.
How To Make This Peach Caprese Salad
So, here’s how you do it. Scramble to your grocery store or local farmers market ASAP and scoop up any remaining peaches you find. Grab a ball of fresh mozzarella (or burrata – this salad isn’t too picky) while you’re there. And some cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil.
Oh! And some sort of nut while you’re at it (pistachios are my preference but if you like, something like walnuts could work too). Then race home and make this for lunch or dinner or whatever meal is next. Hurry! Before it’s too late and you can’t find any more of the juiciest of peaches that have just been lollygagging around every corner.
If you try this salad, leave a comment below and tell me what you think. And don't forget to tag me on Instagram!
Want More Delicious Salad Recipes? Try One Of These!
- Burrata Salad With Cherries And Hot Honey
- Kale Salad With Shaved Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Butternut Squash, And Maple Spiced Walnuts
- Chopped Zucchini Salad With Parmesan And Herbs
- Quinoa And Nectarine Salad With Basil And Feta
- Tomato Salad With Grains Mint And Feta
- Cucumber, Basil, Feta And Chickpea Salad With Cranberries
Peach Caprese Salad With Roasted Pistachios
- 4 large peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, chopped into smaller pieces (You can often find larger pieces of mozzarella sliced at the grocery store which makes this salad even easier!)
- 1 large handful of basil, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine peaches, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil in a large bowl and toss together.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios over the salad.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, shallots and honey in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing lightly over the salad.
- Serve immediately.