This Moroccan Chickpea Salad makes a hearty and delicious meal, loaded with sweet dates, carrots, and greens. It's so healthy and pairs perfectly with anything grilled!
Need a quick side? This chickpea salad comes together so quickly and is the perfect answer to your next "what should I make for lunch" dilemma. It's also a great dish paired with grilled chicken or steak.
What Makes This Chickpea Salad Great
- Chickpeas are full of protein and good-for-you nutrients. They're loaded with fiber and are a great trick for keeping you full all afternoon.
- Most chickpea salads err on greek flavors - cucumbers, feta, etc. While I LOVE that style of salad, this one takes a decidedly different take and has a more Morrocan-style flair. Cumin, sweet dates and carrots, and spicy cayenne give this salad a sweet and spicy kick that you don't get with a normal Greek-style chickpea salad.
- It's SO EASY! No oven needed here. Just a handful of fresh ingredients, a cutting board, and a knife are all you need to whip this deliciousness up in about 10 minutes.
How To Make It
- Whisk together your salad dressing ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and your spices (cumin, salt, and cayenne) and set aside.
- Combine your chopped carrots, carrot greens, dates, chickpeas, and sliced almonds in a medium bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve!
Viola! You have a delicious swoon-worthy side in no time.
Give this one a try – it’s so easy, incredibly fresh and delicious, and a joy to eat!
If you do try this Chickpea Salad With Carrots And Dates, let me know what you think in the comments below. And don't forget to tag me on Instagram @frontrangefed so I can see your beautiful creation!
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Burrata Salad With Cherries And Hot Honey
- Kale Salad With Shaved Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Butternut Squash, And Maple Spiced Walnuts
- Tomato Salad With Grains, Mint, And Feta
- Healthy Chicken, Pomegranate, And Arugula Crunch Salad
- Nectarine And Quinoa Salad With Basil And Feta
Chickpea Salad With Carrots And Dates
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large bunch of carrots, chopped (about 6-8 carrots)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup dates, chopped
- 1 handful chopped carrot greens
- Whisk the cumin, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and cayenne pepper together and set aside.
- Chop your carrots, carrot greens, and dates, and add them to a bowl along with the chickpeas, almonds, and anything else that you might be adding to this (I didn’t have mint on hand but it would have gone great with it!)
- Toss the salad with the dressing until everything is evenly coated and serve.