This Fig Cream Cheese And Honey Toast is the ultimate in easy-to-make dinners and is a gorgeous way to use up those black Russian figs that are in season for a short period right now. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it’s a great option when you don’t have much time, but still want a delicious, satisfying meal.
Sometimes, the easiest recipes turn out to be the most rewarding.
Our oven has been on the fritz for the past two weeks. TWO WEEKS!! We’ve been getting by with pasta dishes, and outdoor grilling, and have even tried our hands at a cast-iron skillet pizza, but one thing we’ve been trying to embrace is the simple meal. The kind that just comes together with whatever you have in the fridge.
It takes a bit of creativity sometimes, but I’m finding that I often already have all the ingredients for a great meal on hand and I don’t even know it. And a key example of this is toast dinners.
A Tribute To Toast Dinners
Toast dinners are seriously awesome. I think we all know the beauty of an avocado toast by now. We’re also long-time fans of eggs and beans on toast, and don’t even get me started with sardines or oysters. What do I love about toast dinners? So many things!
They’re super quick to come together, you can serve them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, they can be sweet or savory depending on your toppings, and, speaking of toppings, you’re limited only to your own imagination.
Want to change it up even more? Change the toast! Cinnamon raisin bread with peanut butter and banana! An earthy rye with hummus, tomato, and sprouts! A seeded bread with creamy soft cheese, red onion, smoked salmon, and capers. Or, you can fancy it up and do something like this fig toast with cream cheese and honey on top of a rustic sourdough.
How To Make This Fig, Cream Cheese, and Honey Toast
- Start off by toasting your bread. (duh.) Since we’re using sourdough, you’ll want to keep the toasting light - sourdough tends to get a bit too crunchy if toasted for too long.
- Spread a thick layer of cream cheese across your toast.
- Top with some beautiful, sliced figs, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and honey, and finish with some coarse sea salt.
As I mentioned above, this recipe is really easy to pull off and would be great to use for any time of day, but I love it for breakfast. Paired with a steaming latte, this fig toast cannot be beaten.
If you make this Fig, Cream Cheese And Honey Toast, tag me on Instagram! I love to see your creations and hear what you think!
- Cheese, Fruit, And Honey Bruchetta
- Avocado Toast With An Egg
- Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, And Everything Bagel Pizza
Fig, Cream Cheese And Honey Toasts
- 1 piece of toast (use the best bread you can find! I used sourdough here.)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2-3 black russian figs, sliced
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small pinch of coarse sea salt, for finishing
- Lightly toast your bread in the toaster.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over the bread, then top with the fig slices.
- Drizzle the honey and olive oil over the toast.
- Finish with a small sprinkling of coarse sea salt.