Puff pastry makes this Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, And Everything Bagel Pizza easy to make. Fresh herbs, everything bagel seasoning, and soft-boiled eggs make this a true crowd-pleaser and a great dish for a fancy or laid-back brunch.
I love a good brunch. It’s one of my favorite ways to spend a weekend morning, be it an easy meal after a nice long early hike, a gabfest with some old girlfriends, or a family get-together to celebrate a special occasion. Whatever your style, this smoked salmon and everything bagel pizza is sure to up your brunch game.
One of the things for me that’s the hardest when having company over for brunch is that the pressure is on a bit time-wise. I hate waking up and having to jump right into the kitchen to prepare a huge meal. So I’m all about make-ahead dishes or easy things you can just pull together quickly.
This smoked salmon breakfast pizza is just the thing for a fancy dish that looks like you spent hours preparing, but in reality, only takes about 30 minutes.
How To Make It
This smoked salmon, cream cheese, and everything bagel pizza is easy to make and requires little cooking time. The only two things you actually have to cook are the puff pastry (which you just roll out, top with some everything bagel seasoning, and pop in the oven for about 10 minutes) and some soft-boiled eggs.
- Take your puff pastry out of the freezer (remember to do this ahead of time so that it's easy to roll out.) Roll it into a rectangle and add it to a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Brush the top of the pastry with olive oil and sprinkle with a good dose of everything bagel seasoning. Then put it in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden color.
- In the meantime, soft-boil your eggs. Getting your eggs to be the perfect soft-boiled consistency is maybe the hardest part of this dish. But it only requires a close eye on the clock and a quick transition to an ice bath to make sure the eggs don’t overcook. I find that 6 minutes is usually the magic number for perfectly jammy soft boiled eggs.
- Once your crust is done, allow it to cool slightly, then carefully add your cream cheese. Note - the cream cheese should be at room temperature. It makes it so much easier to spread across the flaky puff pastry when it's not cold. So take it out long before you need it. It will still be difficult to spread, but it doesn't have to completely cover the pizza. I like to break the cream cheese up into smaller pieces, place them over the pastry, and then spread them out as best as I can from there.
- Chop up the rest of your ingredients. The smoked salmon, fresh herbs, and red onion and pile them on top of the cream cheese.
- Slice your soft-boiled eggs in half and add them to the top of the pizza.
- Finish with a spritz of fresh lemon juice and a final sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning.
The result is a delicious not to mention gorgeous dish that will have you patting yourself on the back and will get you to thinking that this making brunch business is pretty darn easy and why don’t we do it more often?
You can serve this alongside a salad for a midday meal. Or, if it’s hotter than hell where you are, as it is here, just cut off a square and eat it for dinner. It’s just as delicious cold and straight from the fridge for a day or two after you make it.
If you try this Smoked Salmon Pizza With Cream Cheese And Everything Bagel Seasoning, please let me know what you think in the comments below. And don't forget to tag me on Instagram!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Oven-Cooked Bacon
- Perfect Soft And Creamy Scrambled Eggs
- Avocado Toast With Egg
- Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Breakfast Pizza
- Sheet Pan Pancakes From Mix
Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, And Everything Bagel Pizza
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp everything bagel seasoning
- 6 oz plain cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 2 tblsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill
- 2 tblsp capers
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4-5 eggs, soft boiled, halved lenghtwise
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Place a large pan or pizza stone in the oven and heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry onto lightly floured parchment paper. Brush with olive oil and generously sprinkle everything bagel seasoning over the top of the pastry. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Meanwhile, make the soft-boiled eggs. Bring water to a boil and add the eggs. Boil for 6 minutes, remove from heat, and place in an ice bath for 10 minutes. Peel under cold water and slice in half.
- Top pizza with dollops of cream cheese (allow to melt slightly before spreading so as not to tear the delicate puff pastry.) The cheese doesn’t need to completely cover the pizza - just make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Add smoked salmon, egg halves, red onion slices, chives, and capers.
- Top with a light sprinkling of everything bagel seasoning and a squeeze of half a lemon.