Fruit Bruschetta is delicious. Sourdough toasts topped with soft cheese, blackberries, strawberries, and apples, and drizzled with freshly whipped honey. If you're looking for some good fruit appetizers for your summer table, here they are!
As we ease into the first few days of summer here in Colorado, we’ve been all about eating simply at our house. Easy salads, chicken on the grill, and effortless pastas have been gracing our alfresco table this week, and I couldn’t be happier.
Summer is a time for relaxing and enjoying the great outdoors – definitely not a time to be slaving away in the kitchen. So, when I came across this raw whipped honey from Lazy Bee Ranch recently, I knew it would make a great addition to our summer table.
Have you tried Lazy Bee Ranch Honey? It’s delicious and is made right here in Colorado. Lazy Bee Ranch is a family-owned business and uses only natural and organic methods to treat its bees. Their goal is “to produce, extract, and supply the most unadulterated, local, raw, unfiltered, natural, and straight from the hive honey out there.” Can’t really get much better than that.
I decided to try out our new jar of whipped honey at an alfresco brunch last weekend. True to form these days, I wanted something quick and easy to prepare, that didn’t have me standing over a stove for hours. I picked up some bread, fresh fruit, and chevre (I imagine brie or any other soft mild cheese would work well), and whipped these babies up in about 15 minutes. Not only were they super yummy, but they also looked great on the table and were the perfect sweet addition to creamy scrambled eggs and oven-cooked bacon.
How To Make Fruit Bruschetta
They really couldn't be easier. The main thing you really need to think about for this fruit bruschetta is the quality of your ingredients. Here's what you'll need.
- Good quality bread. I'm partial to a good sourdough but think about the type of cheese and fruit you'll be using and go from there. A hearty cracker could even work in a pinch.
- Soft cheese. A spreadable cheese will work best. Again, you can really change up the flavor here by switching out your cheese. Make it sweet by using a brie, try a pungent blue cheese to really contrast the sweetness of the fruit and honey.
- Fresh fruit. This is a must - the fruit has to be fresh for these babies. No canned or frozen, and try to avoid overly ripe, mushy fruit. The sky's the limit for what type of fruit you pick, but the most important thing is that it needs to be at its prime.
- Honey. As I mentioned, I used raw, whipped honey, which really complemented toasts. But you can use regular honey too and it will still bring that extra something to the dish.
What Kind Of Cheese Should I Use?
Any soft cheese will work well here - think chevre, brie, camembert, cream cheese, goat cheese, blue cheese - the list goes on. A creamy, spreadable cheese is what you're looking for. Test out different combinations of fruit and cheese to see what you like best!
What Other Toppings Would Go Well?
We experimented with several different fruits – apple, blackberries, and strawberries – but I also can’t wait to try fresh figs, blueberries, and pears too.
How To Serve Them
These toasts would make a great fruit appetizer or dessert in the evening – don’t limit them to breakfast! If you’re looking for an easy, impressive-looking dish this summer, look no further – these are some show-stoppers!
That’s it! Now get outside and enjoy the summer!
If you try this Fruit Bruschetta With Whipped Honey, let me know what you think in the comments. And please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your creations!
More Delicious Breakfast Standouts
- Homemade Blueberry Waffles
- Smoked Salmon, Cheese And Everything Bagel Pizza
- Avocado Toast With Egg
- Breakfast Pizza
- Fig, Cream Cheese And Honey Toasts
- Egg Muffins
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- 1 large loaf of crusty bread
- Fruit of your choice - the sky is really the limit here, so just pick what’s in season that you love
- 2 oz chevre cheese (or any other soft cheese
- raw, whipped honey
- Cut the bread into slices and toast lightly.
- Spread the cheese onto the toast slices
- Cut up the fruit and add it to the top of the cheesy toasts.
- Drizzle the honey over the toasts and serve.