This easy curried Egg Salad Sandwich recipe is delicious and a great alternative to the normal turkey and cheese sandwich. It’s the perfect ratio of creamy to crunchy and will be your new favorite go-to for lunch!
When was the last time you ordered egg salad at a restaurant? I feel like it’s one of those items on a menu that you have to really know is going to be good. Otherwise, you risk getting a sandwich that’s too soggy, with too much may and not enough crunch.
But, this egg salad, my friends, is soooo good. It’s light on the mayo, heavy on the seasonings, and just enough crunch to make it exciting.
Here’s What Makes This Easy Egg Salad So Great:
- Perfect hard-boiled eggs. You want these to be fully cooked (not soft-boiled). If the yolks aren’t cooked through, the egg salad becomes a little too mushy, which is a deal-breaker for me. I like to make mine in the Instant Pot and then give them a nice long ice bath afterward which makes it a totally hands-off affair and also creates a super easy-to-peel hard-boiled egg.
- Celery. I seriously don’t know why all egg salad recipes don’t have celery. It adds such a subtle flavor and such mega crunch that, in my opinion, it’s an essential ingredient.
- Green onion. I know many people just put in diced white onion, but green onion adds some nice color and the green part of the scallions have a bit of a milder flavor which is nice when you’re using them raw.
- Curry and Tumeric. These two ingredients may just make the egg salad for me. They pair perfectly with the eggs and give the salad a nice unexpected kick (plus they add some great natural color).
How To Make It
- To make the egg salad, simply chop up all the ingredients and combine in a bowl. Stir gently, careful to not mash up your boiled eggs too much.
- To make the sandwich, grab a couple of slices of bread and whatever toppings you like. With egg salad, which can already be a bit soft, I find that really good, sturdy bread, like sourdough, is a must. I also prefer to put pickles on the sandwich instead of actually mixing them into the egg salad, as some recipes call for. I find that when you mix the pickles into the salad, it makes it a little too watery.
Make this for lunch instead of your boring old turkey sandwich!! I promise you won’t regret it!
If you try this Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe, let me know what you think of it in the comments below! And don't forget to tag me on Instagram @frontrangefed - I love to see your creations!
More Great Lunch Or Picnic Recipes
- Weeknight Rotisserie Chicken Bahn Mi Sandwiches
- Avocado Toast With Egg
- Fig, Cream Cheese And Honey Toasts
- Curry Chicken Salad With Grapes
- Easy Chicken Bacon And Ranch Wraps
The Best Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ cup mayonaise
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ up chopped celery
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
For The Sandwich
- good bread (sourdough is a great option)
- dijon mustard
- This easy curried egg salad sandwich is delicious and a great alternative to the normal turkey and cheese sandwich. It’s the perfect ratio of creamy to crunchy and will be your new favorite go-to for lunch!
- Assemble your sandwich. Spread dijon mustard onto both sides of your bread. Top one side with the egg salad and add lettuce and pickles.