Looking for a quick and easy summertime dinner? These Weeknight Rotisserie Chicken Banh Mi Sandwiches are just the thing. Store-bought rotisserie chicken and simple veggies make these crazy easy to pull together. It's perfect for a weeknight meal or a delicious addition to your picnic basket.
We’ve been doing a lot of alfresco dining this summer, avoiding the oven as much as possible due to the high temps. And this chicken banh mi sandwich recipe has earned its spot in our rotation of easy, no-cook dishes for the season.
It comes together super quickly and is the perfect thing when you want a fast weeknight meal or an easy addition to a laid-back dinner party.
I’ve always been a big banh mi sandwich fan. It’s one of my favorite things to order when I see it on the menu at a restaurant. But I had never tried putting one together on my own for some reason until now.
How To Make This Chicken Banh Mi Sandwich
A traditional Vietnamese banh mi sandwich starts with a crispy baguette topped with pickled veggies and some type of protein, usually pork or pork belly, or pate (or some combination of these.) A mayo dressing completes the dish.
This version uses rotisserie chicken, making it a super easy weeknight meal.
- Don’t have pickled veggies? No problem, a quick soak in rice vinegar and sugar will give you a fine substitute in just 30 minutes. For this recipe, I used shredded carrots and cucumbers as my pickled veggies.
- This recipe subs in chicken for the typical pork, and using store-bought rotisserie chicken makes this meal even easier to throw together. Just shred the chicken while you’re veggies are pickling. Add a side salad and you’re good to go for the night.
- Grab a long french baguette and slice it down the middle, then section it off into equal-sized portions for sandwiches.
- Once your veggies are pickled and chicken has been shredded, pile it on the bottom half of a french baguette and add a few slices of jalapeno to give it a bit of spice. Then, top with your mayo dressing.
- I think these sandwiches are perfect served just like this. But if you’re looking to up the spice even more, add a little sriracha sauce to the dressing mixture for an extra kick.
I love this recipe not only because it’s fast and delicious, but because it uses easy pantry staples that I typically have on hand.
Try these Easy Rotisserie Chicken Banh Mi Sandwiches this week and you won’t be disappointed. And don’t forget to tag @frontrangefed on Instagram with pics of your completed dish - I love seeing your creations!
Other Easy Weeknight Recipes
- Sheet Pan Nachos With Chorizo
- Chicken Bacon And Ranch Wraps
- Weeknight Mushroom Ragout Recipe
- Weeknight Tuscan White Bean Pasta
- Avocado Toast With Egg
- 20-Minute Yogurt Flatbread
Weeknight Rotisserie Chicken Banh Mi Sandwiches
- 1 cup water
- 1 + ½ cup rice vinegar (divided)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 16 oz baguette
- 10 oz shredded chicken
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Combine 1 cup water, 1 cup rice vinegar, and ⅔ cups sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the carrots and cucumber slices and cook for one minute. Turn off heat and allow the mixture to cool completely, about 30 minutes before draining the liquid.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayo, lime juice, soy sauce, black pepper, and ½ teaspoon of the rice vinegar in a bowl.
- Cut the baguette into four equal portions, and split each horizontally.
- Spread the mayo mixture on either side of each sandwich. Layer the chicken, carrot and cucumber mixture, and cilantro on the bottom halves of the sandwiches. Top with jalapeno slices.